All parents, guardians, teachers and staff are welcome to attend the monthly meetings – regardless of membership status. However, only members are eligible to vote during General Membership Meetings.
We invite you to mark your calendar with the meeting dates listed below and plan to join us.
Monthly meetings will be held virtually via Zoom starting at 7 p.m., offered in English with simultaneous interpretation in Spanish. The PTA will announce meeting details, including the Zoom link, in advance via PTA communications. To receive timely reminders, please make sure you’re signed up for PTA communications.
Check back soon for meeting dates to come:
- Thursday, September 29 @ 7 pm
- Thursday, October 27 @ 7 pm
- Tuesday, November 15 @ 7 pm – potentially Hybrid
- Tuesday, December 13 @ 7 pm – PTSA
- Tuesday, January 17 @ 7 pm – Hybrid
- Tuesday, February 21 @ 7 pm – PTSA
- Tuesday, March 21 @ 7 pm
- Tuesday, April 18 @ 7 pm – Hybrid
- Tuesday, May 16 @ 7 pm – Officer Elections
The PTA delivers relevant and timely information to Jefferson parents by hosting guest speakers during the school year. Below are past speaker presentations and related speaker handouts that might continue to be of interest to parents.
June 6, 2022 – Online Safety
The TJMS PTA sponsored a virtual presentation by the Arlington County Police Department (ACPD) on “Internet Safety and Child Exploitation” and other online safety issues affecting our Arlington community. Middle schoolers today are savvy users of apps and social media, but not all are aware of how easy it is to succumb to peer pressure – or even be exploited by adults – while online. For more information, parents may access several resources provided to TJMS PTA by the ACPD:
- FBI Resources About Sextortion: An Online Threat to Kids and Teens
- Know the Red Flags of Child Sex Trafficking (PDF)
- Helping Families Prevent Child Sexual Exploitation (PDF) in English | En español
May 16, 2022 – Drug Prevention
APS Substance Abuse Counselor Kim Chisolm gave an informative presentation on vaping and guidance for parents on substance abuse prevention.
Oct. 26. 2021 – School Safety
TJMS Principal Keisha Boggan gave a presentation to parents on “TJMS Safety 101.”
Sept. 21. 2021 – IB Standards-Based Grading Explained
TJMS IB Middle Years Program Coordinator Kip Malinosky gave a presentation to parents on “International Baccalaureate Standards-Based Grading Explained.”