Start Reading e-Books and e-Audiobooks, from the Jefferson Library
Jefferson has a collection of e-books and e-audiobooks to check out, download to your devices, and enjoy. There are 2 different companies that provide us with digital books and audiobooks. These digital books are searchable in the Library Catalog. You can use these e-books on a computer or download them to your iPads. Ask Ms. Wall or Ms. Miller for help or simply start playing a bit:
- MackinVia – There are currently over 5,500 titles, both fiction and nonfiction, and over 1,200 audiobooks that you can browse and check out.
- To log in: School: start typing the name of your school in (be sure to find right school/county). When you select Jefferson Middle School, Arlington, VA, select Log In. You will be directed to a Follett log in–type in your Student ID# (your lunch #) and your StudentVue password
- Destiny Discover – There are currently over 4,400 e-books (including 54 that are always available for an unlimited number of simultaneous readers). There are also currently over 1,240 e-audiobooks to listen to. More titles are coming!
- To log in: Select Virginia for your location. Then start typing Jefferson Middle School (in Arlington, VA) and select it. Click Log In.
- Type in your Username (your student ID#); Password: your StudentVue password
- Different directions for Staff: Username: your employee#; Password: jefferson
- Remember that MackinVia is also the portal to research. Arlington Public Schools subscribes to numerous databases and encyclopedias–great, trusted sources for school projects. Just use the MackinVia app.
Need help? Please come talk with us in the Library.
Using Other Library Apps
If you have an Arlington Public Library card, you can check out even more e-books and e-audiobooks.