Student Library Access
- Library hours: 7:20am-3:30pm
- No food or drink.
- No phones.
- We are closed during TA.
- All students coming during class time must have a pass from a teacher unless they are coming with their class.
- We are open most days during lunches—except for TAB days and times when we are at capacity with classes.
- Jefferson’s Study Hall meets in the Library Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 2:30-3:30pm.
- After school, you may enter without a pass until 2:30 pm; after that, you must have a note from a teacher.
- Books and audiobooks check out for 3 weeks and can be renewed. Any student with overdues is blocked from checking out more materials–look at our Read and Return collection and our great ebook and audiobook collections.
- There will be periodic distributions of overdue lists. Please clear your name from these lists right away. If you have a question about your Library record, please see one of us in the Library immediately. Your name will remain on our lists until you take care of your Library problems.
Library Catalog and Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- The online Library Catalog is a great way to find materials to read. Students and staff can search Destiny Discover from their iPads/laptops to see what books are available. The Library can also request items from another school (subject to availability).
- There is a link to the Library Catalog (Destiny Discover) from any Canvas course (click on APS Library Resources) and on the Jefferson Library homepage.
Overdues and Lost or Damaged Books
- We do not charge for books returned late (overdue books). However, students with overdue books may not check out other print library books until they resolve the problem. Check out our Read and Return collection and our ebooks and audiobooks.
- Lost or damaged books must be paid for to replace them. If a lost item is later found, you will receive a full refund with a check sent to your home. Please come talk with us if you have any questions.
- You must always talk with us before you use a Library computer and before printing.
- The computers in the Library are for research and school use at all times. There is to be no e-mail, web surfing, or game playing.