The Thomas Jefferson Middle School (TJMS) Parent Teacher Association (PTA) engages and supports students and staff with a variety of programs and activities to make our school community the best it can be. Every family member and teacher who participates in the PTA makes us stronger and more vibrant! We invite you to join us whenever and however it works for your schedule.
Review this PTA website in Spanish, Mongolian, Amharic or Arabic by selecting one of the following options:
Become a PTA Member
Join us today by filling out the TJMS PTA Online Membership Form. After you fill out the membership form, the confirmation screen will provide a link to the TJMS PTA Membership and Donation Square Site to enable you to pay your family’s annual membership dues. Membership is $15 for families and $10 for teachers. A portion of your dues pays for national, state and county PTA dues, but the majority of it supports TJMS activities. Please type your name when you check out in the “Write a Note to Seller” field.
If your family is willing and able to donate additional funds beyond your annual membership fee to support TJMS activities at a higher level, you are welcome to submit donations through the TJMS PTA Membership and Donation Square Site. There is also an option on this page to sponsor a TJMS PTA membership on behalf of another TJ family. Thank you for considering these options that help out other TJMS families and the school community!
Sign Up for PTA Communications
- Subscribe to the TJMS listserv by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to the TJMS Buzz weekly newsletter – as of May 2021, a new online subscription form is under development; in the meantime, email email@example.com to be added to the email newsletter distribution
- TJMS PTA on Twitter: @tjmspta
- TJMS PTA on Facebook: @ThomasJeffersonMSPTA
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School Community Garden on Facebook: @TJGarden
- Jefferson Parents private Facebook group – Note: All those requesting to join this private group must answer the required membership questions and agree to the group rules in order for their join requests to be accepted by the admin.
Attend PTA Meetings
We meet monthly during the school year to report on PTA activities and get updates from the staff to keep parents informed. All parents are welcome, regardless of member status. You do not have to be a member of the PTA to attend meetings, but you do need to be a member to vote during the meetings. Meeting minutes are shared in both English and Spanish.
When you fill out the TJMS PTA Online Membership Form, be sure to check the boxes for all of the areas where you’re interested in helping the PTA, so that we can follow up with you about volunteer opportunities as they arise during the school year.
The PTA fills a vital role as a lifeline connecting families with the school. It brings value to the TJMS community by:
- Sharing important information with parents/guardians through regular communications
- Planning, coordinating and funding student activities
- Showing appreciation of and supporting teachers and staff
- Promoting community-building among families
- Supporting families and providing needs-based funding for families in need
- Providing service opportunities
Being a part of the PTA also gives families:
- An opportunity to meet one another and stay in closer contact with the life of the school
- An insider’s view into school operations and county decisions that affect the school
- The chance to be an advocate for the school within the Arlington community
Last updated June 8, 2021