March Madness Read-A-Thon
Our first annual Read-A-Thon takes place on March 1-10. Read all about it!
Jefferson Loves Reading — Help Us Get Books to Students
The Jefferson PTA is working to encourage a love of reading and to get more books into the hands of our students. Please donate to our No Fuss Fundraiser to help us reach our $5,000 goal to fund these activities.
- Booktopia Book Giveaway on March 1 – Having books in the home is an important predictor of school success. With your donations of books and funds, the PTA will provide a selection of diverse and exciting books from which every TJ student can choose one free book.
- Author visit with Pablo Cartaya – In April, help bring the acclaimed author of middle grade novels The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora and Marcus Vega Doesn’t Speak Spanish to TJ to spend the day with students.
- Mini-Grants for Teachers – The PTA provides grants to TJ teachers to purchase books for their classroom libraries.
No need to buy or sell anything. Your entire donation goes directly to support the PTA’s programs. Thank you for your support!.
JOIN THE PTA: You may join online or complete a membership form and submit to the main office, PTA Mailbox.
Make Donations Online through Square: Remember, type your last name when you check out in “Write a Note to Seller”. Thank you!
2018-2019 Academic Year
PTA OFFICERS – 2018-2019
|VP, Outdoor Education||Reidy Brown|
|VP, Principal||Keisha Boggan|
|VP, Programs and Fundraising||Laura Ferguson|
PTA LEADERS AND COMMITTEE CHAIRS – 2017-2018
|Communications Chair||Megan Booth|
|CCPTA Representative||Susan Leland|
|ACI Representatives||Yasmina Yassin & Lori Fischler|
|Membership Chair||Christy Iredell|
|PTA Reflections Chair||Polly Hall|
|Box Tops Coordinator||Alisa Tanaka-Dodge|
|Dunbar Holland Scholarship Co-Chairs||Lanh Nguyen & Eileen Feldman|
|Used Book Fair Lead|
How to Get Engaged in the Jefferson PTA
- Join the PTA: The cost of membership is $10.00 per teacher and $15.00 per family. While a portion of the funds go to pay for National, State and County PTA dues, the majority of your membership fee directly supports Jefferson activities. You may join online or complete a membership form and submit to the main office, PTA Mailbox. Envíe la forma completada a la oficina de Jefferson.
- Get Connected: Join the PTA ListServ to receive timely information about PTA and school events. Sign Up Below! Please note, in the interest of sharing relevant information with the widest audience of Jefferson families, unless you complete an Opt-Out Form and return it to the front office to the PTA’s attention, the PTA will obtain your information from the school administration and use your e-mail to provide you information via the Listserv (including the weekly Buzz).
- Join the Jefferson PTA Leadership Team: We currently have many volunteer opportunities and ways for you to get involved in areas that may be of interest to you. Many of these jobs can be completed from home. We need support for Photo Day in September, Harvest Festival in the Garden in October, Book Fair Week in December, along with many other activities and events sponsored or supported by the PTA. We hope you consider ways that work for you to be involved during your Jefferson years! Please complete the volunteer interest portion of the PTA Membership Form, or simply e-mail the PTA President to share how you can help! You can also respond to requests that will be sent out in the weekly BUZZ and/or via the listserv!
If you have any questions about the volunteer opportunities, ways to get involved, or ideas for the Jefferson PTA, please email the Jefferson PTA President.
Jefferson Middle School PTA Listserv — Subscribe Here!
Please sign up for this listserv as this and the BUZZ are the PRIMARY ways the PTA will communicate. This listserv will be used to provide information on activities and issues and will be used for announcements from Jefferson staff or the PTA. To join this group, send a blank e-mail to email@example.com or click here: Subscribe to Jefferson Middle School/PTA listserv
Information for Parents About the IB Middle Years Programme is Available Here.
Información sobre la programma de Bachillerato Internacional (IB) de los Años Intermedios esta aquí
DUNBAR HOLLAND SCHOLARSHIP
PTA Presentation on Dunbar Holland ScholarshipFAQ – Dunbar Holland Scholarship2016 Infographic on Dunbar Holland ScholarshipThis scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to one TJMS alumnus who meets the following requirements:• Arlington resident• Current high school senior with a GPA of 3.0 or higher• College-bound in 2016The applicants should exemplify the spirit of service that characterized the lives of former TJMS teachers Dot Dunbar and Tom Holland, in whose memory this scholarship is given. Scholarship applications will be available in the Spring, are due in late April and are awarded in May of each year.