The TJMS PTA provides communications, events and programs to inform, connect and support our Jefferson community. We strive to serve the entire TJMS community, regardless of membership status.
Help us give our kids the best middle school experience possible! Every parent and teacher who participates in the PTA makes us stronger and more vibrant. We invite you to engage with us, stay informed and get involved through communications, meetings, volunteering, membership and fundraising.
- Ways to Stay Informed and Get Involved
- The Value and Importance of the PTA
- Review the Bylaws
- Download TJMS PTA Upcoming Date Reminders for April-June 2022 (PDF)
This PTA website can also be viewed in Spanish, Mongolian, Amharic or Arabic by selecting one of the following language options, which are also available in the top left area of all Arlington Public School webpages.
Last updated April 27, 2022
Subscribe to PTA Communications
One of the first and easiest things you can do to stay informed upon joining the TJMS community is to sign up for PTA communications and to follow us on social media. The TJMS PTA strives to serve the entire Jefferson community, so you don’t have to be a member to take advantage of our communications.
- Learn more about PTA email communications and social media, including Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
The PTA also has the following parent resources to share for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Download the latest PTA guide for families related to 2021-2022 TJMS risk mitigation efforts, including outdoor lunch procedures, dated Jan. 13, 2022.
Attend PTA Meetings
During the school year, we host monthly PTA Member Meetings via Zoom to report on PTA activities and keep parents and teachers informed about what’s happening at Jefferson and within the APS system.
Most meetings also include a Town Hall Q&A with Principal Boggan or other school administrators, and/or guest speakers covering topics that are important to parents.
All parents and teachers are welcome at the monthly PTA meetings, regardless of member status. You do not have to be a member of the PTA to attend meetings, but you do need to be a member to vote during the meetings. Access PTA member meeting dates, recordings and minutes.
For Spanish speakers, learn more about virtual meetings in Spanish and other resources for Latino parents at TJ.
Volunteer for the PTA
PTA volunteers play a crucial role in supporting annual school events like Harvest Festival in the fall, International Night in the spring, 8th Grade Promotion Celebrations in June, Student Honor Roll Celebrations every quarter, Teacher/Staff Appreciation events, and more. We also rely on volunteers to fill our Executive Board officer roles and other leadership positions.
Become a PTA Member
We invite all Jefferson families and teachers to join the TJMS PTA. Your membership dues are an important step in joining our TJMS community, providing vital funding to support the PTA’s work and cover the PTA’s core operations.
Suggested membership dues are $15 for families and $10 for teachers. A portion of your dues pays for TJMS PTA’s membership in county, state and national PTA organizations.
The PTA membership term runs from July 1 to June 30 and must be renewed at the start of each school year. Please join or renew your membership today by filling out the membership form and paying dues on the TJMS PTA Square Site.
Support PTA Fundraising
Anyone is welcome to donate to the PTA’s Yellow Jacket Fund at any point during the year. Fully 100% of your donation will help to support our Jefferson community by funding student events and programs, teacher/staff appreciation events, teacher grants and other PTA initiatives not covered by the school budget.
- Learn more about the TJMS PTA Yellow Jacket Fund.
- Make an online donation using the TJMS PTA Square Site now.
Other ways you can help raise funds for PTA events and programs all year long include:
- TJMS PTA Restaurant Nights – Enjoy a delicious meals and the restaurant will donate a percentage of your order back to benefit our school community.
- TJMS PTA Shopping Programs – You can earn money for our schedule every time you shop at Harris Teeter, on Amazon or at stores that participate in BoxTops for Education – at no cost to you.
The PTA fills a vital role as a lifeline connecting families with teachers and each other, creating a stronger school community. It brings value to the TJMS community by:
- Sharing important information with the entire TJMS community through regular communications
- Planning, coordinating and funding student activities
- Promoting community-building for families and teachers
- Showing appreciation of and supporting teachers and staff
- Providing community support for TJMS families in need
Being a part of the PTA also gives families:
- An opportunity to meet one another and stay in closer contact with the life of the school
- An insider’s view into school operations and county decisions that affect the school
- The chance to be an advocate for the school within the Arlington community
We hope you’ll get involved in the PTA this school year! Direct questions or feedback to the TJMS president at any time at email@example.com.
- Approved by the TJMS PTA membership Oct. 26, 2021
- Approved by the Virginia PTA on Oct. 27, 2021