The TJMS PTA provides communications, events and programs to inform, connect and support our Jefferson community. We strive to serve the entire TJMS community, regardless of membership status.
Help us give our kids the best middle school experience possible! Every parent and teacher who participates in the PTA makes us stronger and more vibrant. We invite you to engage with us and get involved in our community through communications, membership, donations, volunteerism and monthly meetings.
- Share Your Feedback – Take the TJMS PTA Fall Survey
- Ways to Stay Informed and Get Involved
- The Value and Importance of the PTA
- Review the Bylaws
This PTA website can also be viewed in Spanish, Mongolian, Amharic or Arabic by selecting one of the following language options, which are also available in the top left area of all Arlington Public School webpages.
Last updated Sept. 9, 2021
After a year of canceled events throughout the Arlington Public Schools system last year, the TJMS PTA is eager to help new and returning families and teachers connect with each other and bring back fun and meaningful events for our school community, while also prioritizing health and safety. As we create plans for the 2021-2022 school year, we want to know your needs and preferences for the PTA. We invite the candid feedback of TJMS parents/guardians and teachers to help us “build back better.”
Your opinion is important to us! Please take our TJMS PTA Fall Survey to help inform our strategic planning, improve our offerings and maximize participation in PTA programs in the coming year.
Subscribe to PTA Communications
One of the first and easiest things you can do to stay informed upon joining the TJMS community is to sign up for PTA communications and to follow us on social media. The TJMS PTA strives to serve the entire Jefferson community, so you don’t have to be a member to take advantage of our communications. Learn more about PTA communications and social media options.
Become a PTA Member
We invite you and your family to join the TJMS PTA. Your membership dues are an important step in joining our TJMS community, showing your support of PTA initiatives and helping fund our PTA budget. Suggested membership dues are $15 for families and $10 for teachers. A portion of your dues pays for TJMS PTA’s membership in county, state and national PTA organizations.
The PTA membership term runs from July 1 to June 30 and must be renewed at the start of each school year. Please join or renew your membership today by filling out the membership form and paying dues on the TJMS PTA Square Site.
Your family is also welcome to submit donations at any point during the school year by using the TJMS PTA Square Site – 100% of your donation will help to support our TJMS community by funding student events and programs, teacher/staff appreciation events, teacher/staff grants and other PTA initiatives. Our donation site also gives you the opportunity to make a donation to sponsor the membership of another Jefferson family or teacher.
Regardless of your membership status, we welcome your donation. If you’re already a member, feel free to skip straight to the “Make a Donation” section when making your PTA donation on the TJMS PTA Square Site.
Review all the TJMS volunteer opportunities on the Officers and Volunteer Opportunities page to see what interests you and what works for your schedule. If you’re ready to volunteer now, fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.
For parents who want to get involved right at the start of the school year, we invite you to:
- Join the Harvest Festival Committee – This popular Jefferson tradition, an outdoor fall festival for students, families and teachers, was cancelled last year, and we need your help to bring it back better than ever on Friday, Oct. 29. Learn more and volunteer for the Harvest Festival Committee.
- Help Coordinate the PTA Reflections Arts Contest – We need a chair or co-chairs to plan and manage this event, as well as many volunteer judges. Learn more about the contest and sign up to volunteer.
Attend PTA Meetings
During the school year, we host monthly meetings to report on PTA activities and keep parents informed about what’s happening at the school and in our school community. Most meetings also include a Town Hall Q&A with Principal Keisha Boggin and other TJMS staff, or guest speakers covering topics that are important to parents.
All parents are welcome at the monthly PTA meetings, regardless of member status. You do not have to be a member of the PTA to attend meetings, but you do need to be a member to vote during the meetings. View upcoming meeting dates and the most recent meeting minutes.
The PTA fills a vital role as a lifeline connecting families with the school. It brings value to the TJMS community by:
- Sharing important information with the entire TJMS community through regular communications
- Planning, coordinating and funding student activities
- Promoting community-building for families and teachers
- Showing appreciation of and supporting teachers and staff
- Providing community support for TJMS families in need
Being a part of the PTA also gives families:
- An opportunity to meet one another and stay in closer contact with the life of the school
- An insider’s view into school operations and county decisions that affect the school
- The chance to be an advocate for the school within the Arlington community
We hope you’ll get involved in the PTA this school year! Direct questions or feedback to the TJMS president at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.