While summer is a time to relax, we don’t want you to stop reading! There are so many ways to keep reading this summer! Use all the resources below to keep reading this summer.
APS Librarians have created this Summer Reading 2020 Choice Board for Middle School. Try to complete at least 10 activities and show it/share it with Ms. J Miller or Ms. Wall in the fall!
Arlington Public Library’s Summer Reading Program
Sign up online in Beanstack. Have a library card? If not, don’t worry! They’re FREE and available to everyone in the community. Just use this application. Here’s Pat Loverich from Central Library telling a bit about the Summer Reading Program.
Share and see what others are reading on our Jefferson Library Flipgrid.
From the Jefferson Library Canvas course, click on Flipgrid in the navigation menu on the left. You might need to log in to Flipgrid–use your APS Google login.
- TAB’s top picks of 2019-2020
- YALSA Booklist
- Black Voices Matter – Jefferson Destiny Discover Collection
- School Library Journal’s Best Books of 2019: Middle Grade, Young Adult, Nonfiction, and Graphic Novels
- Arlington Tech Summer Reading for English and English 9/World History II Intensified
- Wakefield High School — English 09 Summer Reading 2020
- W-L High School summer learning page | Summer assignments from 9th grade English teachers
- Yorktown High School
Free Audiobooks for You!!
Download 2 free e-audiobooks every week this summer through AudiobookSync, a free summer audiobook program for teens. Get a new books every week April 30 – July 29, 2020. Books are only available during their week–you have to remember to go to the Sora app and “borrow” the books each week or you’ll miss them.