Global Protect/Home WiFi Issues
In order to connect to home WiFi networks, students must set up their devices correctly at school. All students must log into the Hub and the Global Protect apps at Jefferson. If they do not, their iPads will not work on non-APS networks. At home, students should see the letters VPN at the top of their screens. They do not see these letters while connected at school. Here are set-up and troubleshooting tips:
Students who need to reset their iPads because they are not seeing their camera or cannot download apps:
- Update to iOS 9 if you have not done so already (Settings/General/Updates)
- After the update, Reset and Erase iPad (Settings/General/Reset)
- When the iPad comes back up:
- Log into Wi-Fi with Student Vue credentials
- Log in with Apple credentials when prompted.
- Wait for Air Watch app to appear.
- Launch Air Watch and then kill the app. (double tap the round button and slide it away).
- Launch Air Watch again. Sign in with Student Vue credentials.
- Select agree and ok when asked.
- After signing in successfully to Air Watch, you should see the camera app again.
Help with APS Wi-Fi
|If you have changed your APS Google password recently and can’t connect the iPad to our APS wifi….||
On the iPad, go to Settings -> touch the “i” icon and select “Forget this Network”.
Then touch Wi-Fi link on the top left corner -> touch APS network -> type in your username and password for APS Google.
APS Digital Learning Initiative: Answers to why we are taking a digital path and where we hope it leads us.
Arlington County Public Schools Digital Learning Initiative Website
Resources on iPads
- iPad Basics from GCFLearnFree.org
- iPad Basics Presentation
- 17 iPad Tips and Tricks
Digital Citizenship Resources
- Privacy and Internet Safety
- Digital Citizenship iBook