Tuesday June 11, 2019
Today is an A Day for 6th Graders.
From Ms. A Miller: Model UN will sell pizza after school on Thursday. This will be the last time this school year. Thank you for your support!
From: Mr. Curran, Ms. T, and Mr. Siegel: Come to the Gold Commons after school today at 2:30pm to watch the US Women’s National Team take on Thailand in their opening match of the 2019 Women’s World Cup. Snacks will be available for purchase for 50 cents each. You will be able to take the late bus home.
From Ms. Dunbar: Gardening Club will have a special Wednesday afternoon meeting this week. Farmer John will be there, and we will be offering garden tours to any teachers and TJ alumni who are interested in seeing what we’ve been up to this Spring. Please plan to join us if you can.
From Ms. Bell: Today is pride flag day, hope you are sporting your pride flag! Don’t forget: there will be a GSA bake sale tomorrow after school Thursday is pronoun day. And Friday will be everybody’s favorite… Rainbow day! Listen to the announcements for reminders, stay proud Yellow Jackets!
From Ms. J Miller and Ms. Wall: Congratulations to our amazing 2019-2020 morning announcements team:
James Moore III
Yashira Quispe Valencia
Nicole Talledo and
From Mr. Banach, Ms. Gomez, and Ms. T: Congratulations to the Jefferson Music Students who performed in the Music in the Parks Competition at Hersheypark this past Friday, June 7th.
- Intermediate Orchestra earned an EXCELLENT rating and 1st place in the Middle School String Orchestra 2 Division
- Concert Band earned an EXCELLENT rating and 1st place in the Middle School Concert Band 2 Division
- Advanced Orchestra earned a SUPERIOR rating and 1st place in the Middle School String Orchestra 1 Division
- Chorale earned a SUPERIOR rating and 1st place in the Mixed Chorus 1 Division. Carson Stadler was also awarded the Best Vocal Soloist award among all Middle School and Junior High Schools
- Symphonic Band earned a SUPERIOR rating, 1st place in the Middle School Concert Band 1 Division and the overall Best Concert Band award among all Middle School and Junior High Schools. The Jefferson Bands finished 1-2 among all Middle School and Junior High School bands, with the Concert Band placing 2nd to Symphonic Band
Congratulations to all of our students and thank you to all of the staff members and chaperones who made our trip possible!
From Mr. Siegel: If you want to be in the talent show next Friday pick up an application at lunch today.
From Ms. Wall and Ms. J Miller: There are still lots of overdue books that you all need to return to the library! Which team is going to clear all their overdues first? Lost or damaged books need to be paid for to replace them. See us in the Library if you have your book, money, or questions.