Technology Requests of All Shapes and Sizes
Thomas Jefferson Middle School Staff – Please report all professional development, repair, and instructional technology service requests to the Service Support Center at x2847, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a ticket at https://2847apsva.zendesk.com
Setting up Teacher Computers 2018-2019
Digital Citizenship and Acceptable Use Policy
Passwords and APS Electronic Resources
Teachers who need administrator rights for downloads should contact the school’s ITC.
*When setting up Outlook, you must enter “@apsva.us” in the user name of the prompted APS dialog box.
APS Google Apps for Education
All students and teachers, upon enrollment, are automatically granted a Google account through the APS Google Apps for Education program. Students and staff may log into their Google accounts through any authorized Google portal or log-in using their OneLogin credentials, formatted like an email address: User Name: email@example.com Password: your OneLogin password For example, if your student ID number is 123456, your Google user name is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disenrolling Students and Staff Departures
Students and staff who leave APS for any reason will have their accounts automatically disabled. Prior to departing, you should use a service called Google Takeout to download any and all materials from your APS-issued Google accounts, which can then be uploaded into a new, private Google account that has been created independently. Google Takeout is located at encrypted.google.com/takeout. Former students and employees who would like to request temporary access to their already-disabled accounts should submit a Help Desk ticket request at email@example.com. Include your complete name as it appeared during your enrollment at the school, your student ID number if applicable, your grade level at the time of departure, and specifically indicate you wish to regain access to your Google account. School personnel have absolutely no access to this system, and cannot assist you directly.
Installing Printers: Start Menu/Utilities/APS Printer installer
If you receive an error message, double click Computer on the desktop and then just double click on the Z drive. Try the steps above again. (This is just a glitch that might happen.)On a student station:You must first double click on the Map My Drive icon on the desktop. It will prompt you to log in using your credentials. It will then give you rights to install printers.
Students do not have rights to install printers thus this extra step. Start Menu/Utilities/APS Printer installer. When finished, double click on the Disconnect My Network Drive or reboot machine.
Greyed Out Printers:
If you have trouble printing, first check Devices and Printers to see if the icons of the printers are “greyed” out. They will not appear dark but whitish. If this is the case:Start Menu/Utilities/Fix Grey Printers You must restart the computer after running the application.
- Log into google (www.google.com/calendar)
- Enter Calendar with username and password
- This calendar is not associated with the APS domain.
- Please place your name and the mods the lab will be used, so that it is visible at first glance.
- Use Chrome and make sure you are logged into APS Wi-Fi.
- Go to: http://youtube.com/
- You may have to log into your APS Google account.
Software Library (For Program Installation and Software Fixes)
- Start Menu
- APS Software Library
- Username: FirstName.LastName Password: Your Password Organization: APS
iPad Maintenance and Resources
- Students should report all iPad issues to TA teachers who then submit a x2847 ticket. The ITC will then be alerted by x2847 of the situation to resolve in a timely manner. The ITC will touch base with the student. Please do not send students straight to the ITC without following this process.
- All teachers will have access to a grade level Personalized Learning folder in their Google drive. Please check this folder and the Personalized Learning section of the Jefferson website for updates, directions, and resources.
- Middle School iPad Solutions Site