EXPLORE THE ARTS, AND EXPRESS YOURSELF!
The entry deadline for the 2021 TJMS PTA Reflections Arts Contest is Friday, Oct. 15, 2021. All TJMS students are encouraged to participate – remember: we are all artists!
Call for Volunteers: We’re currently seeking volunteers to judge 2021 student entries during the period from Oct. 18 to Nov. 5. To volunteer as a judge, please contact Cyndi Gadhia. Direct questions to email@example.com.
Last updated Sept. 17, 2021
Reflections is a PTA-sponsored, nationwide art competition. This year’s PTA Reflections competition theme is: “I Will Change the World By…”
Students express themselves around the required theme through one of the following arts categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film / Video Production
- Literature / Creative Writing
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts (which includes art forms such as drawing, painting, print making, collage, 3D artworks)
Students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may also enter under the Special Artist Division to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program.
Entry Form and Requirements
How to Enter
In addition to following the Reflections entry requirements provided above, students should follow the steps below to submit their Reflections entries to the TJMS PTA by the Oct. 15, 2021, deadline for the school competition.
- Students must download the Reflections entry form in English or Spanish above, or pick up a paper entry form outside Ms. Detweiler’s office.
- When filling out the entry form, only fill out the student information section; do not alter the pre-filled PTA section at the top of the form.
- The form must be hand-signed by both the student and a parent/guardian.
- Once the form is completed and signed by both student and parent/guardian, email or text BOTH the entry form and the digital artwork submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any artwork originally created in hardcopy format should also be submitted directly to Ms. Detweiler at the school to be saved for potential use at future contest stages. (For example, the county-level competition will require hardcopy submissions where applicable.)
TJMS Reflections winners at the school level will be announced in November. Student winners from our local TJMS contest have the opportunity to move up through the Arlington County, Nova District and Virginia PTA levels to compete at the National PTA level.