THE TJMS HARVEST FESTIVAL IS BACK!
** NOW RESCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2021! **
The TJMS Harvest Festival is one of the school’s biggest community events of the year and most cherished annual traditions – you won’t want to miss it!
- Event Highlights
- GameTruck Video Game Station – NOTE: Parent permission is required for students wanting to play at the video game station. The online form is now closed, but parents can still give permission for any available game slots on-site at the event.
- Food Trucks – Learn details about our featured food trucks: Rocklands BBQ, Tacos El Torito, and Kona Ice
- Thank You to Our Sponsors
Call for Volunteers: The Harvest Festival is a school event coordinated in conjunction with the PTA, which wouldn’t be possible without the support of parent volunteers. The volunteer signup is now closed.
Direct any questions about this event to email@example.com.
Friday, Oct. 29, 2021, 6-9 p.m.
**Due to the inclement weather in the forecast for Oct. 29, this event has been rescheduled for Friday, Nov. 5, 2021, 6-9 p.m.**
The musical performance will start soon after the start of the event at 6 p.m. The movie and GameTruck video game sessions will start at 7 p.m.
The Harvest Festival site is located on the back side of the school – immediately adjacent to the Jefferson Garden and near the soccer fields.
Everyone in our TJMS community! All Jefferson students and their families, as well as teachers and staff, are invited to come out and enjoy the evening together. Also invited are families at nearby elementary schools Fleet, Randolph, Long Branch, Drew and Hoffman Boston, as well as other neighbors living near the school.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Featured Movie: Watch Coco on the big screen under the stars while enjoying complimentary popcorn
- GameTruck Multiplayer Video Game Station: TJMS students may play video games for free! (Note: parents MUST give permission in advance for their child to play in the GameTruck and sign up for a game slot to reserve a spot)
- Food Tents: Pick up some seasonal treats like apple cider, apples and cookies – free of charge
- Food Trucks: Purchase your dinner at a food truck – affordable meal options will be available starting at $3 or $5 per item
- Musical Performance: By students in the TJMS Chorus and Orchestra
- Jefferson Garden Tours: Given by Garden Club students
- Activities: Play cornhole and decorate mini-pumpkins
- Selfie Station: Snap a photo in front of original fall-themed artwork created by Art Club and Garden Club students (sample artwork shown)
- Hot Drinks: Support the TJMS Model UN by purchasing hot chocolate, hot tea or coffee ($1/cup)
- Fire Pits: Warm yourself by the fire!
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING
We expect the temperature to be chilly, so please dress for the weather! If you’re staying for the movie, a limited number of haybales will be provided for movie seating, or you can bring your own blanket to sit on or low folding chairs. Those attending the movie should also consider bringing a blanket to cover your lap or wrap yourself in for comfort.
NEW! During the 2021 Harvest Festival, TJMS students will have the option to participate in a GameTruck video game station to enjoy playing an age-appropriate multiplayer game with classmates. Five gaming sessions will be offered at 7:00, 7:25, 7:50, 8:15 and 8:40 p.m. The game options will be Super Smash Bros. (up to 4 players); MarioCart (up to 4 players); Minecraft (up to 4 players); Madden (2 players); and NBA 2K (2 players).
Each gaming session will be 20 minutes long. All gamers will be required to wear masks inside the GameTruck and must bring their own masks. Each gamer may participate in only one gaming session.
This GameTruck opportunity is being offered only to currently enrolled TJMS students. Parents must grant their permission and register their TJMS student for a gaming session in advance.
NOTE: The online signup form for parent permissions and slot reservations is now closed, but parents can still give permission for their child to play games on-site for any available game slots remaining. See the parent volunteer at the GameTruck to inquire about available slots.
The TJMS PTA thanks the following food trucks for participating in our 2021 Harvest Festival – Rocklands BBQ, Tacos El Torito 2 and Kona Ice!
Just for this event, Rocklands BBQ will be offering the “Harvest Festival Special,” a pulled chicken sandwich for $5, as well as its normal food truck menu items, including sandwiches and platters; chopped pork, pulled chicken and beef brisket by the pound; and many sides to choose from.
Kona Ice is a shaved ice truck offering 10 delicious flavors. The TJMS PTA thanks them for generously offering to donate a percentage of Harvest Festival proceeds back to the PTA to support the event this year.
The TJMS PTA thanks our generous 2021 sponsors for donating food, services or other items for this year’s Harvest Festival:
- Arlington Career Center Culinary Arts & Sciences Program
- Pentagon City Costco
- Penrose Giant
- Meadow Farms Nurseries & Landscape
- MOM’s Organic Market