Thanks to the time and financial contributions of our Jefferson families, the TJMS PTA is able to provide many events and programs that augment learning and fun in our school.
While membership dues are used to cover the PTA’s core operations, we rely on additional year-round donations to our Yellow Jacket Fund to support Jefferson activities and traditions not covered by the school budget.
Last updated March 18, 2022
2021-2022 ‘No-Fuss Fundraiser’
Update: We Met Our Goal!
Due to the generous support of our Jefferson families, in March we not only met but also exceeded our PTA Yellow Jacket Fund goal for the 2021-2022 school year! If you donated – thank you! We appreciate your contribution.
If you were planning to donate to the TJMS PTA this year but haven’t done so yet, you’re still welcome to make a tax-deductible donation at any point year-round on the TJMS PTA Square Site (scroll to the “Make a Donation” section).
Yellow Jacket Fund
When you make a tax-deductible donation to the Yellow Jacket Fund, you directly benefit PTA programs that help us provide our kids with the best possible middle school experience. You can contribute any amount — $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or other custom amount of your choosing – and we will put it to good use.
Donations to the PTA’s Yellow Jacket Fund can be made any time of the year. They are used to support:
- Student events and programs, such as quarterly Student Honor Roll Celebrations, Reflections Arts Contest, 8th Grade Promotion Reception
- Teacher grants for initiatives that promote learning and improve the student experience
- Teacher/staff appreciation events, including twice-yearly lunches
- Community support efforts, such as grocery card programs for TJ families in need
- The Jefferson Garden, an outdoor classroom instruction garden and “urban farm” that donates produce to local food pantries
It’s easy to make a donation online via the TJMS PTA Square Site (go to the “Make a Donation” section). The Square Site also gives you the opportunity to become a member and to make a donation to sponsor the membership of another Jefferson family or teacher. You don’t need to be a PTA member in order to make a donation.
In addition to online donations, we also accept donations made by check, payable to “TJMS PTA.” Please put your check in an envelope labeled “TJMS PTA” and deliver it to the PTA mailbox in the Main Office.
Every donation helps, no matter how small. Thank you for supporting our school!