Books! Reading! Books! Reading! Books! Woo-hoo! Yippee! Hooray!
The TJMS PTA wants to put a great book in the hands of every single student during BOOKTOPIA, our all-day book giveaway on March 2. We invite YOU to help make this fantastic event happen. Please choose any of these five ways to help.
- Donate new or gently used books. We’re looking for books geared toward ages 10-14, in English or Spanish. Bring books to the TJMS main office (in boxes or bags labeled BOOKTOPIA) or to one of our drop-off points.
- Be a book donation drop-off point. If you have a porch or entryway where people can leave boxes or bags of books between January 24-February 24, please let us know so we can offer your house as a convenient drop-off location. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Sort and organize books. On Thursday, February 27 we will go through ALL the books we’ve received and purchased and sort them by category. To sign up for this, please click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084ea5ac2aa20-booktopia
- Set up or help out or pack up during Booktopia. We will need several people to put books out on tables in the gym early in the morning, a few folks to help teachers and students when they come in to choose books, and several folks to pack up any unclaimed books. To sign up for this, please click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084ea5ac2aa20-booktopia
- Help with the used book sale. Any donated books that aren’t claimed during Booktopia are sold at our used book sale on Friday, March 6, held in the TJMS lobby during parent-teacher conferences. The proceeds from this sale go back to the PTA so we can buy more books for next year’s Booktopia! To sign up for this, please click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084EA5AC2AA20-tjmsWe appreciate your help to promote literacy and a love of reading! Please contact Booktopia coordinator Betsy Rosso at email@example.com or 571-232-3079 with questions. Thank you!