JEFFERSON JAZZ BAND IS COMING SOON!
- All band students are welcome to audition for woodwind, brass, and percussion parts in jazz band.
- ANY Jefferson student is welcome to audition on guitar, bass (upright or electric), or piano.
- All students must have experience playing their instruments, but experience playing jazz music is not required.
- Jefferson Jazz Band Frequently Asked Questions
Thursday, November 16 – Jazz Band Information Session & Audition Workshop, 2:30-4:00pm, Room 126
- Jazz Band Information Session
- Meet Mr. Natalie, the Jefferson Jazz Band Instructor!
- Bring your instrument and play through the audition material.
- A piano is available to use.
- Guitar and Electric Bass students should bring their instrument and a cord. An amp is available to use.
- A drum set is available—please bring your own drumsticks.
Thursday, November 30 – Jazz Band Auditions, 2:30-4:00pm (sign up for an audition appointment)
- Jazz Band Auditions in the Orchestra Room (Room 126)
- See the audition information sheet for your instrument
- Sign up for an audition time in the band room
- Audition Music – Updated November 14, 2017
Thursday, December 7 – Jazz Ensemble Music Reading Session, 2:30-4:00pm
- Students selected by audition will meet to read through their music for the first time!
Thursday, December 14 – Jazz Ensemble Rehearsal, 2:30-4:00pm
About The Instructor
The Jefferson Ensemble Band is under the direction of Mr. Nicholas Natalie (pronounce nuh-TAH-lee).
Nicholas Natalie is a saxophonist, music educator, and composer native to Huntington, New York. Mr. Natalie teaches instrumental music at McKinley and Tuckahoe Elementary Schools in addition to working on staff with the Yorktown High School Marching Band. Nicholas has earned a Bachelor’s in Music Education from State University of New York at Potsdam and a Master’s in Jazz Performance from Duquesne University. He has premiered original compositions at the International Navy Band Symposium, the North American Saxophone Alliance, and the World Saxophone Congress. As a jazz performer, Mr. Natalie appears with his quartet regularly in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
If you have questions about the Jefferson Jazz Band, please contact Ms. T (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Natalie (email@example.com)