The PTA is sponsoring our first annual Read-A-Thon. We invite all families to participate in this event that promotes literacy and raises funds for the Thomas Jefferson PTA. The Read-A-Thon is a 10-day period (March 1-10, 2019) where we encourage Jefferson students to read as much as possible! Students are encouraged to record how many minutes they read each day on their Student Reading Log in Canvas.
The Read-A-Thon is also a great fundraiser for our school. We ask students to raise support in the form of pledges. To make fundraising easier, we are using the Pledge Star website. To create a fundraising page for your student:
- Go to https://pledgestar.com/Jeffersonmiddle22204/
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students
- When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends, and allows them to make secure credit card donations online.
We also accept cash or check contributions. Checks should be made out to “TJMS PTA” – all donations must have your student’s name, grade & TA teacher on them to be credited appropriately. All money is due by March 15, 2019 to be eligible for prizes. All donations are tax deductible and go to the Jefferson PTA to support mini-grants to teachers, author visits, field trips, and literacy events.
Your student will receive information on the Read-A-Thon in TA on February 25th. Fundraising is strongly encouraged but not required. All students who read at least 300 minutes will get to help tape Ms. Boggan to the wall during their lunch period! Top readers and fundraisers are eligible for additional prizes.